This kit contains:
- Step-by-step recipe card
- Red Cake Mix
- Orange Cake Mix
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Green Cake Mix
- Icing Sugar
- Icing Colouring
- 4 round single-use baking tins
- 4 sheets of baking paper
- 1 testing skewer
- 1 cake board
- Unicorn topper kit
- 4 medium eggs
- 490g softened unsalted butter ((4 x 60g) + 250g), plus extra for greasing
- 90ml milk (6tbsp)
- Preheat your oven and line each tin with the baking paper provided.
- Mix your butter with the contents of bag 1 before adding 1 egg and 1 tbsp (15ml) of milk. Mix until light and fluffy, and then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Repeat with Bag 2, 3 and 4 using a clean bowl and an empty baking tin each time.
- Bake the cakes for 20-25 minutes. Leave in the tins for 10 minutes after cooking, and then cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, cream 250g of butter and then gradually add the icing sugar (bag 5) until smooth. Slowly add 2 tbsp (30ml) of milk until the buttercream is smooth but still stiff enough to hold its shape.
- Empty the sachet of food colouring (bag 6) into a small bowl & mix with 1 tsp (5ml) of water until it is a small paste. Gradually add it to the icing mixture.
- To assemble the cake, first lay the green layer on the centre of the cake board. Spread over 3-4 tbsp of the icing onto the green layer and then top with the Yellow layer. Continue alternating layers of icing and cake using the orange and then the red layer.
- Use the remaining icing to cover the top and sides of the cake, using a knife to smooth down the surface. Decorate with sprinkles (bag 7) and your favourite designs from the topper kit!